Sunday, May 1, 2011

Possibilities

So I finally had the meeting with the guy from twitter and things went really well.  We talked, ate and I showed him my jewelry.  He liked all my stuff and thought there was great potential for me to go far.  He said he would try and help me as much as possible and even gave some great advice (which I'm always willing to take).  The thing that was so good about him was that he goes to all these different places in and around DC so he was able to recommend places to me that would be good for me to put on a show.  Despite the fact that I've been looking around for arts and crafts shows to display my jewelry, I still want to put on a show myself.  The only thing that's been hard is getting the people because I don't know alot of people and also if I did have a show in someones house I know, I don't want to post flyers all around DC and then have strangers show up - a little awkard if you ask me.  And also meeting the guy yesterday he gave me a great idea about possibly using this place BloomBars which is a non-profit place.  I think they allow artists to put on shows there, not quite sure I have to do more research. 

In the end he said that May could be a good month for me, yeah really, I hope so too but maybe he knows something I don't know. 

Aside from that things went good and I'm happy with the possibilities that could be. 

One more thing, I put up a facebook page dedicated to my jewelry called "Jewelry By Miava".  For some reason it's linked to my personal facebook site but i'm thinking that could be a good thing for those that don't read my blog or go to my Etsy shop could then see these post I put up and go there just to be curious.  This is definately going to be a challenge because I usually don't write on facebook but now I'm going to have too but just in a business way.  Hey another thing for me to learn about.  I swear I hope this pays off in the long run cause I would be really pissed to put all this effort and time into something that doesn't pan out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment