Saturday, April 30, 2011

Praying For Something Good

Since I went out on Thursday I've been laying low in the house for a couple of days making necklaces.  I made this light weight Rock Crystal, Tourmalated Quartz and Pearl necklace.  The Rock Crystal is clear so it has a very spring/summer look to it despite the darnkess of the Tourmalated Quartz.  I've been trying to make more necklaces that people would want to buy for the spring/summer time but it's kind of hard because when I go and buy beads I always gravitate towards heavy looking stones or darker colored stones. 

Aside from that I'm finally going to meet this guy today who would be helpful in getting the word out about my jewelry.  He runs a really good website for things to do in DC and we've been trying to meet for about the last month but something always happens where we can't meet.  But today is the day.  He's already seen some pictures of my work but it's nothing like seeing it in person.  It's going to be very informal at Bus Boys but you never know what can come of an informal meeting. 

You know the title of this post is Praying for Something Good because now I really need some additional prayers. I find myself doing things I would have never done before and it's getting really hard.  I'll just leave it at that.  I still have my Etsy shop which I check more than I want to on a daily basis only to see the numbers the same and no request to buy anything.  Just for fun here's the shop name http://www.jgirlred.etsy.com/  Oh but I do have some good news - I did find a site where I was able to make a free banner for my shop.  So instead of it being super bland with bad pictures, it's just bad pictures with a nice banner.  LOL!  Hey if I don't have a sense of humor who the hell will?  But my next purchase will be the necklace stands/statues.  It's a good investment especially when doing shows.  It shows the necklaces off instead of them just laying down on a table.

Ahh other good news, I got a response back from Crafty Bastards and they haven't posted their application but it will be up soon.  So I'm gonna keep an eye up for that.  If I can get in there it will be amazing.  Their next show is in October in Adams Morgan so you know that's gonna be big.  I must also say that I have this really good woman who's been helping me and I kind of look to her as a mentor somewhat.  We don't speak on a regular basis but she always sends me information for possible craft shows to sign up for. 

Anyways,  one more thing to be happy for is today is my 1 year anniversary. 

Here's the necklace I made yesterday.  My camera really sucks and this is under the best light in my house.  But I hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment