Thursday, April 14, 2011

2 Down How Many to Go

I'm sitting here on my bed working on this Kyanite and Goldstone necklace.  I've been wanting to put these two stones together and now that I finally have I'm wondering how it's gonna turn out.  The Kyanite is green and the goldstone is like orange color with brushed gold.  Don't know exactly how to describe it but the stone is a beauty.  Anyways, as I'm sitting here looking at it (not quite done), it's much different from my pieces in that it doesn't have the consistency of pattern as my other pieces do.  I usually stick with some type of pattern to give it a balance but this one doesn't have it.  Like I said, I absolutely love the stones but the pattern throws me off a little, but in a good way.  Maybe it's the mood I'm in.  You know my feelings have always driven me in the way the necklaces come out and this off balance necklace is exactly how I feel right now - off balance.  But that still doesn't take away from the beauty of the necklace.

Earlier this morning I made a necklace with turquoise and silver.  Ahh, talk about AMAZING!  That stone gets me everytime, especially when paired with silver.  But check this out, I did a U-turn and added another stone with it - HOWLITE!  That's right I did it - Turquoise, Howlite and Silver balls.  At first I was just playing around with the Turquoise and silver then I decided to try something different and those 4 Howlite beads I used were exactly what I needed.  It gave me what I was looking for.  I'm sure you're thinking by now what mood was she in earlier?  Well let me tell you I was amped up and in a funky, fun mood and that's what the necklace is - funky and fun. 

I haven't uploaded the pictures of the 2 necklaces to my computer but I will post the pictures tomorrow.  P.S. I got my contest necklace back and it's on the market for sale.  No I didn't win but one of the women who works in Beadazzled told me that she loved my piece.  She loved the funkiness of it.

So let me jump ahead to tomorrow because there's a good probability that I might not blog.  I told you about the React Radio Station premiere thing I'm going to, well it's not for me but my girlfriend but I'm gonna go and use it to gain contacts and show my jewelry.  It's early from 3-7:30 but there's a good chance I will go out afterwards and just try and sell or get more business.  I find myself always looking to meet contacts, etc.  My going out just to be going out days I'm noticing are kind of over because I'm always promoting myself/jewelry.  I guess that's what happens when you rely on yourself for income and not a bi-weekly paycheck.  Whatever, I'm not complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment