Monday, April 25, 2011

I Love NY

With the New York trip finally behind me I can now tell you how awesome it was.  I left on Wednesday with a one-way ticket not knowing how long I was going to stay and not knowing what was going to happen.  Let me be clear when I say that was the BEST decision I ever made.  As you know, I finished the rosary for the girl and decided that it would be best for me to go to NY to hand deliver the rosary.  That way I would get a chance to meet her and I also thought that hand delivery would give a good impression and show dedication.  When I finally met her, she absolutely loved the rosary I made for her.  She said that it was just what she wanted and the colors were perfect.  I was beyond happy and still don't have any words to describe my feeling.  She was very nice and we had a good dinner where we were able to chat and just get to know one another.  During the dinner she took me by surprise and said that she wanted to sell necklaces and wanted me to make them for her.  She said she was really impressed with the way I kept in contact with her and my overall work.  I was stunned!  I was in no way expecting that but it just reassured me that coming to NY was a good decision.  And after we finished dinner, of course I had my jewelry bag with me, I showed her all my other jewelry made and she loved my work. 

Then I finally decided to leave NY on Saturday at 1:00.  Little did I know that a light was shining down on me because here I am standing in line and there's a young girl standing behind me.  We begin talking having a good conversation and we sit next to each on the bus.  She tells me that she works for NY Magazine and I tell her that I make jewelry.  She ask me do I have a website and I tell her no and she says that she makes websites and will make me one for free.  WTF!!!  She continues on to say that she makes websites for fun and they are pretty easy to make.  Thank you JESUS. We talk the whole trip down to DC and she's a really nice person.  We exchanged information and she tells me to email her on Monday, which I do.  The one thing I've been struggling with and I knew was most important to having a business just fell in my lap.  I couldn't have been more thankful.  So I emailed her today and she won't be able to start working on the site until this weekend.  However, she gives me a website to check out.  I can't wait for her to help me with this.  Once again, I'm blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment