Sunday, April 10, 2011

Networking

Okay so yesterday I was drained of all energy I had but managed to get myself out of the bed early this morning to go to a bead show at the Marriott Hotel, and boy am I happy I went.  I carried myself and my bag of jewelry down there, brought cheap strands of gemstones and even did networking.  I spoke with some vendors down there and even the woman who hosts the event.  She was very nice and I showed her my jewelry (which she loved so much she even took pictures to diplay on her website).  We swapped information and I talked to her about my interest in doing more jewelry shows and she said she was willing to help me and wanted me to be a vendor at the next show she hosts. 

When I left there I caught the bus and went to another bead store where I had to pick up more beads to start working on a rosay project I have.  I managed to work on the rosary for about an hour and half but still have more to do.  Sometime this week I have to go to Michaels craft store and look for some metal letters for this rosary.  It's not the traditional rosay but has a more vintage look, I'm already loving the colors I picked out for it.  This time I'm not using gemstones but instead colored glass czech beads, they have a metallic brass color which gives it that very antiquish look. 

Anyways, I'm tired so I will follow up tomorrow.  No more bead buying for awhile but I definately have a lot of work ahead of me. 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment