Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lets Try it Etsy

I've decided that I could not go a full 3rd day without blogging so here I am.  With my past weekend and Monday being hectic, I've been laying low the past couple of days by doing a little R&R.  My body was worn down and I feel like I'm working harder than I did when I had a 9-5.  Now don't get it wrong, it's not like I've been laying in the house doing absolutely nothing, remember I spoke about my rosary project, well yeah I've been working on that.  And trust me making a rosary is a lot harder than you would think.  I'm making a chain, vintage, non-traditional rosary, plus on top of that, instead of the crucifix, I had to shop around and find brass letters (which I finally found on Etsy last night).  For the last 3 days, I've had wire burns on my index fingers from all the wire wrapping I've done, but I must say this rosary is beautiful.  The colors of antique brass and metallic bronze came together to make a beautiful statement.  Now I'm just waiting for the letters to come in and once they do I will add those and stare at my masterpiece before I send it off to its rightful owner. 

In shopping for these brass charm letters I never thought that I would find them on Etsy, but the site came through for me.  And although I've known about Etsy for awhile I finally decided today to open shop there at http://www.jgirlred.etsy.com/ and try to sell some of my necklaces on there.  When I tell you I've been trying all the stops to sell my jewelry I really have.  I already posted two pictures on there and they've received quite a few views so I just might add another one tonight.  The good thing is they give you 4 months for each picture to stay up for only .20 or until they sell.  If they don't sell in the 4 months then the site automatically takes them down.  But hell, 4 months is a long time.  Plus do you know how many necklaces I can make in 4 months?  Anyways, I hope it works out cause it would be nice to have an income come in from just posting pictures on the Internet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment