Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Agate on the Brain

I've had a few days of not having much to say about anything let alone beading.  But now I'm back on track where I've joined Flickr, posted pictures and also joined beading groups.  I feel that by extending myself in these various ways gives me a glimmer of hope that my work will become recognized.

So awhile back I brought these beautiful strings of Agate with different sized beads and now I've been thinking about what I could do with them.  Here's the thing, I have a huge jewelry box full of beads and as far as I'm concerned none of them match the other.  But I'm slowly getting over that because my contest piece doesn't really match and I'm still in love with that necklace. Anyhoo, I'm thinking about something funky, bold, and just all in your face.  ALERT!  I just remembered I have some super kick ass sodalite beads.  This is going to be amazing.  I feel a necklace stirring around in my mind.  I will keep you posted on the final result. 

Oh, here's a necklace with a few pieces of the Agate, the other stones are Mother of Pearl, Tourmalated Quartz and Black Onyx.  It's a off the wall opened-ended necklace.  I also managed to sneak in a small jump ring so it can be closed as well. This thing rocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment