Thursday, March 31, 2011

Long Days and Long Nights

I can't say enough about yesterday and how good it was.  My girlfriend invited me to her photoshoot that she was doing for a radio station.  Okay I know the shoot had nothing to do with me, but in her shoots she wore my jewelry.  I swear she's such a good friend trying to bring all the creative people up with her.  Besides the free advertisement for my jewelry, I got a chance to meet a photographer which is always good.  I saw some of his work and it's just amazing.  After the shoot, which lasted 3 hours, we packed our stuff and went out to celebrate her friends birthday.  Let me just say it's getting a lot harder to stay up all day and go out to parties that start after 9pm.  But I'm realizing that this is the lifestyle that comes with the creative world.  While we were at her friends birthday party I received a text message from a girl who is going to place an ad on her website promoting my jewelry, and all I have to do is make a necklace for her.  I mean things just couldn't be any better. 

1. going on a photoshoot
2. meeting a photographer
3. having ad placed on popular website

WINNING!

I know these 3 things may seem small but starting from nothing and having these things happen all in one day is huge to me.  But they are still baby steps.

So to complete it all I have an Arts Exhibit party to go to tomorrow night.  Once again I'm gonna have a long day but it's gonna be worth it.  Not only will the radio station be there who my girlfriend took the pictures for but other artists.  So this could be exactly what I need, meeting other creative people who could help me further my career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment