Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sticking to My Design

Ok, so now that I'm comfortable with "blogging", I'm slowly making changes fit to what I see attractive for a beading site.  I immediately start thinking about, now how do I get pictures of my jewelry up?  This is ultimately what I'll be talking about and what I want people to notice.  Blah, blah, blah I found out and the pictures will come.  Just not today. 

Today is a day for more writing and informing you of my decision to enter into a jewelry contest about 2 weeks ago.  I figured it would be good for me to do as it would be a challenge to push myself beyond what I normally make.  So when I entered the contest I figured 2 weeks was enough time for me to execute my piece (because I already had an idea in mind) and then submit it.  Well, lah di dah, it ain't quite working that way.  I started working on it and my original idea I saw was totally going down the drain as there was severe frustration on my part because a) I didn't know how to bring it together and b) I didn't have enough beads. P.S. I did tell you yesterday that following this dream takes all your time and money right?  Yeah, so the money is low and now I have to think up this great necklace in a week.  Sure it can be done but I'm not worried about that but I just totally loved my initial idea.  I'll let you in, it was going to be a multi-chained layer of beads (with all shades of blue and some white beads).  I even brought these beautiful Howlite beads and everything. 

You know the thing that sucks to me is that I can't draw to save my soul.  I swear my stick figures even suck.  So this makes things a little more difficult and it takes a lot longer for me to do something because I'm putting together, taking apart or fixing something and that crap can really take a long time.  See if I could draw I think it would be so much easier. 

Anyways, despite my second hurdle of not being able to draw, I'm still going to work on this piece and will submit my final necklace in all its glory.  I will even be nice and put a picture up for all my fans to see.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment