Thursday, March 10, 2011

Carpal Tunnel

I've decided that I'm not going to enter the Carnelian necklace into the jewelry contest but I've started working on another necklace made out of the chained link.  It's not close to my original idea but I like this one better.  My friend was right about sometimes the second design being better than the first.  Hmmm I think I will start listening to people more, they actually have good advice I should take.  Anyways, this one is going to be Black Onyx and Howlite beads with some chain.  Don't get too anxious I will submit a picture after my masterpiece is complete.   

Seriously I'm tired as hell.  I'm still working on my masterpiece and I swear putting all these little ass beads on this chain is tearing my fingers up.  But in all my sweat, time and hard work it's slowly coming together.  You know these are things that people don't see and I understand why people charge absurd amounts of money for handmade items.  There really is no price one can put on time spent making something.  For instance, I've been putting beads on a 12" chain for the past 2.5 hours.  Can someone please tell me how much that's worth?  Considering that under no circumstance could I ever get that 2.5 hours of my life back.  I mean I love what I'm doing but hell this alone is worth at least $100 and it's only half the necklace!    

So since I only have 5 days left and I don't want to rush during the weekend to complete this I'm gonna cut it early and see you guys tomorrow.  Plus my damn fingers hurt.  Can you get carpal tunnel in your fingers?  Sounds stupid huh?  Ok, gotta go.  I'll post the picture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment