Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hustle and Grind

I had my meeting yesterday and it turned into the longest day.  I'm not gonna complain because I did a lot of networking.  The meeting lasted for about 2 hours but I didn't get home until 11pm.  I was so exhausted that I slept in late and didn't go anywhere today.  But once again don't take this as a complaint.  I managed to pass out some business cards, meet some great people who saw my jewelry and thought I was very talented, and I almost had a sale. 

As you know I had a meeting with a friend to discuss plans for preparing my jewelry party and it went good.  She gave me a lot of advice and things to think about.  She gave me a task list to do which I've started working on and I'm determined to have them complete in 2 weeks.  Tomorrow will be a day for making calls and getting emails.  I was on the computer today trying to find some good free flyer templates to use but I just didn't find any that I liked.  Don't worry there's always tomorrow.   My friend said that the flyers are in addition to the Evites I have to send out.  Ahh, so much to do.  I'm not going to lie, after the meeting yesterday I had to go and have a drink because I was becoming anxious (in a bad way) and I felt overwhelmed.  Once I sat down and thought about it all, and spoke to some people, I realized this is all a part of the hustle and grind it takes to become successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment