Saturday, March 19, 2011

What is Success?

Riddle me this.  How do you know when you have become successful?  Is success measured by what you physically have or by what one has attempted to do?  All the while sometimes failing and sometimes succeeding.  This question may seem a little odd but today I was at the party of a 61 year old.  The conversation took many turns and eventually led to an hour long conversation of government work and benefits for life. As I sat there listening, I began thinking if I made the right decision in life.  Lets just say I never worked for the government and won't be receiving any benefits for life.  Would my life be better knowing that I have a guaranteed check every month, yet was miserable for the years I worked, or am I better person doing what I want to and taking the hard road by chasing my dreams of becoming a successful jewelry maker and actually loving what I do?  My mind gears towards the later because that's the road I'm on now, but will it all be worth it lets say 1 year down the line.  Will I have accomplished the goals I've set for myself.  And even if I haven't will I still feel good about my attempt at chasing my dreams. 

This is what I'm thinking now.

No comments:

Post a Comment