Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crimp Me Bad???

At first I was gonna talk about my day and what I did but there's a change of plans.  Remember I said I sold two necklaces last Saturday and how happy I was.  Well this evening I got a phone call from a friend of the woman whom I sold the necklace to only to be told that the necklace she brought broke.  WTF!!!!  Mind you I was just waking from a nap so this made me jump up out my bed.  I couldn't believe it.  I've had this necklace for about 2 years and have even worn it, and it never broke.  I've never even had to restring the damn thing.  And it BROKE!  But she told me she had all the beads and asked if I could make it over for her and of course I said yes.  I felt so embarassed about it because here I am trying to move forward with this jewelry business and I get a good sell and then a necklace breaks.  I guess the most important thing is to stand behind my jewelry knowing that I make good products, plus I also have no idea how the woman handled the necklace after she brought it.  Don't get it twisted I'm not making excuses but I just don't understand.

So after I heard this news I immediately call the bead store I get my supplies from and start talking to one of the employees because I want to know what could've happened and what I can do to fix this problem, because I have a show on April 9.  I find out there could be a problem with the crimps I use.  She asks do I use the sterling silver crimps and I say no and she says that I should because they are stronger than the cheaper ones and will last a lot longer.  Okay, so now I know.  I have to go and buy 50 sterling silver crimps for $8.99, but it's all an investment. 

Since I've gotten that outta my system like I promised I have a picture of the Sodalite necklace I made.  As you see it's a multi-strand with square and round sodalite beads.  Also at the top are some pearl beads.  I hope you like it as much as I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment