Monday, March 7, 2011

Beading Here I Come

So this is my first time blogging and it feels kind of weird.  I'm on a new journey in life and I've given up the mainstream way of doing things and have finally decided to go to the edge of the cliff and dive off hoping that my parachute will open up before I hit the ground.  For the last 5 years I've always wanted to pursue my dreams of making jewelry full time, and now I'm finally doing it.  The thing about it is that it's alot harder than expected, it truly is the hardest thing I've ever done. I'm constantly questioning myself as to whether or not I can do it only to finish off my solo conversations saying chants to myself of encouragement and prayer. I've realized that making jewelry and selling jewelry are two different ball games.  One takes minimal effort and time and the other takes, well hell, everything you have to give and all your money! 

Here's a little background, I'm the creative/social person who can make a beautiful necklace and talk about it all day in any general type of conversation way.  But the moment I have to put on my sellers hat and actually try to get people to buy my jewelry I become overwhelemed with fear.  For instance, if I see something in the store that catches my eye I may walk away and look at other stuff, but if I really want that (i.e. clothes, shoes, jewelry) I will go back and get it.  I don't need a store clerk to sell me something.  Okay, I understand this isn't helping my case on me wanting to sell my jewelry, but this all ties into my non-selling abilities for my own jewelry.

However, despite my non-selling abilities, I'm determined to overcome my fear and bead my way with beautiful necklaces all the way to the top baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment