Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sleep Deprivation = CREATIVITY

This day has definitely been interesting considering that I couldn't get to sleep until 7:30am and then only managed to slip in an hour or two of sleep.  Then I was up again.  Even though the lack of sleep doesn't help because I was tired as hell, however, there was an up side to it.  1) I watched the early early morning news I think at 4:30am, 2), I mopped my floors at 5:30am, and lastly all the way up until I actually went to sleep, I was thinking about this necklace I wanted to make.  When I finally decided to get out the bed and be productive, I immediately went to my jewelry box and pulled out all the materials and beads I'd been thinking about all night/morning to make this necklace.  And there I was working diligently to put this necklace together.  There was no stopping me and my vision that I'd seen all along came to fruition.  After I finished, I was so proud of myself that I had to tweet about it.  The color combination of Carnelian along with the gold beads is not only beautiful, oh it's just heavenly.

Hmm...isn't orange supposed to be the new spring color?  Well if so then I'm sure someone will buy this from me.  I'm not being arrogant but this necklace is stunning.  I was even thinking about submitting it in for the jewelry contest, but I still want to try my multi-chained beaded necklace.   

You know what, here's a picture so you can see how stunning it is.  FYI: I'm a jewelry maker not a photographer so the true beauty of the carnelian stone doesn't pop as much but it's still a beauty.  Let me know what you think.


Oh, I almost forgot, I have one more important thing to share with my fellow followers.  I previously said that I have this overwhelming fear when I have to "sell" myself to people to sell my jewelry.  Well, I've taken the first step to overcoming this fear and that's setting up a jewelry show.  I know this may sound easy to do but for me, this is the equivalence of me standing naked in the middle of a crowded street.  Today I took the first step and called a friend to have the show at her house and send out the evites to her friends.  On March 26, 2011 at 12:00, people will arrive to see and potentially buy my jewelry.  Yeah, ok, so I usually don't drink before 4 or 5pm but at 12 noon (possibly before) I will have consumed some wine/alcohol to calm myself down.  Otherwise, it won't be pretty.  I've decided that in order for me to succeed, as I plan on doing, taking the easy road isn't an option anymore.  So fears, move out the way, SUCCESS HERE I COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment