Friday, March 18, 2011

Sodalite Me

Lets start off with today being the most beautiful day ever!  I was determined to take advantage of the 75 degree weather we were blessed with.  When I left the house around noon I met up with a friend and went down to the bead shop where my contest necklace is displayed.  Go ahead and say it...Yes I'm pressed.  Today was the first day it was on display and damnit I was gonna be the first person to vote and drag one of my friends down there to vote as well.  My desperation also drug me down there to see the competition.  I was a little shocked to see there weren't as many entries as I thought but there was some good work done.  The multi-strand category my necklace is in really only had one other necklace that looked good, the other were, hmmm so-so.  But I must say that I was super impressed with the seed bead work.  I think I'm going to learn how to do that.  I saw a book that teaches how to do it and it doesn't look all that hard.  Anyways, I will be going back down to take more people so they can vote for me.  I feel so ridiculous dragging people down there, but in the end, it would be nice to win. I can't lie. 

On to the next topic.  As you can see, the title for this post is Sodalite Me.  Why you may ask?  Well I've been messing around with these square Sodalite beads I have and damn if they aren't hard to work with.  I brought them last year when they were half off and I just knew they would be easy to work.  Boy was I WRONG!!! These square beads are alot harder than expected.  It's not the color, but the square shape that makes it difficult.  You know as I was getting dressed today I was going through my jewelry box picking out a necklace to wear and I ran across this multi-strand coral necklace I have and I got an idea.  Hmmm, I could do the same but with the Sodalite, and not use anything else and that would be nice.  Or, I also have some extra Mother of Pearl funky shape beads I could use in the necklace too, but that's just a thought.  I will try to make this necklace but I have a feeling it's gonna be a put it together and take apart type of thing. You know this is like the third time I've made and taken apart a necklace using this stone.  Oh well, eventually it will come together.   

See this once again goes back to my previous blog of wishing I could draw and it would make things so much easier.  You know I have this saying, "people in hell want ice water but you can't always get what you want."  Drawing is like that for me.  On the other end it's cool too because all my jewelry designs come off the top of my head and in the end that's what separates me from everyone else.  That's what makes me ME. 

No comments:

Post a Comment