Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm Up for the Ride

These past few days since my last blog have been umm AWESOME.  Let me start with Friday was boring, but Saturday rocked.  A woman had a posting up for an arts show in her gallery and she was looking for artists to display their work.  So on Saturday I went to her gallery and she absolutely loved my jewelry.  As we were sitting there talkikng she was like I love this piece, oh I love this one, and that one too.  Every piece I made she said she would buy.  I mean when she said that my jaw hit the floor.  I walked into the gallery stuttering and a nervous wreck, but 20 minutes into the meeting I literally had people walking up to me asking about my work.  I felt kinda stupid because here it was I had people inquiring about my necklaces and I was digging around picking them out of plastic bags.  Aside from that, I soon became overjoyed when a man decided to buy 2 necklaces from me.  TWO can you believe it???  I sure as hell couldn't but I was also happy to have people love my necklaces so much.  By the end of the meeting, I gathered 3 business cards from people, will be displaying my jewelry at the gallery on April 9 and 10, and have to go meet an owner of a bridal store in Georgetown because she thinks my work could be displayed in her store.  My day was kinda crappy before then but after 3pm you couldn't pay me to shut up.  Not only that but the guy who brought 2 necklaces from me, wants me to make another necklace for him.

The two necklaces sold were the Chipped Carnelian and Crysoprase necklaces.   I can't say enough how excited I am about the sell of these 2 pieces but now I have to get back on the grind and make more for the show.  I have a feeling things are going to pick up.  If so I'm up for the ride.

I almost forgot, I finally made a necklace with the Sodalite beads I'd been crying about the last couple of blogs.  I will post them next blog so you can see my work.  I'm really feeling this piece but then again I love all my necklaces.  If I didn't I sure as sh*t wouldn't be selling them.  Sidebar:  You will probably hear me speaking more about earrings soon.  That and seed bead work are gonna be next on my things to accomplish list.

No comments:

Post a Comment